Thursday, February 14, 2013
The wonderful, kind, and talented Charity Pence has nominated me for the Liebster Award. Please take the time to go and check out her blog. You will find a lot of information, advice, inspiration, and reminders that we all are going through a fun but emotional process. So everyone go and check her out!
The Rules of the Liebster Award:
1) Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to that person's blog.
2) Ask eleven questions posted by the presenter, ask your nominees eleven questions, and list eleven random facts about yourself.
3) Nominate eleven bloggers who you feel deserve this award and have less than 200 followers.
4) Post this award on your blog
Well, now is the time to get started on the rules! Let's start with Eleven Random Facts:
1) I am the president of the Creative Writing Club at my school. It's fun and exciting. There are so many people out there who want to write!
2) I'm about to turn 24 and I have yet to get my driver's license. Cars, driving, and the responsibility of such a powerful machine scares me. So I depend on friends and family to get me places. Hope to get it this summer though!
3) I am an incredibly insecure person and question my ability with anything.
4) I have an intense fan-crush on the anime character Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho. I've had this intense fan-crush for about ten plus years and it has not wavered one bit.
5) I have very deep conversations with myself. Sometimes in my head, sometimes out loud, and sometimes they really aren't that deep.
6) I have never worn makeup, without force, till about a month ago.
7) I have gotten a lot of inspiration for plots of stories from dreams. I've also gotten a lot from hardcore daydreams.
8) I would love to dress like a 50's housewife almost every day of my life. Though I have a bad fashion crush on pencil skirts.
9) If I wasn't on the path to being a writer or in the literature world, I would probably be in culinary school.
10) I've never had a romantic experience. Ever. But strangely people seem to come to me for romantic advice a lot.
11) I love organization. I love to have things really organized and pretty.
Now time for the questions given to me by Charity!:
1) What is your favorite day of the week and why?: I think I might have three. It is hard to say which one I like the most. I like Friday of course cause it means the weekend and a nice break. I like Saturday because it means no stress and hanging out with my family. And I like Wednesday because it is half-way through the week and it's a fun word. I also have more inspiration during the actual week.
2) What inspired you to become a writer?: I had a post about this a bit ago. I've always been attracted to writing. And I was actually good at it though it never really clicked with me it would be my passion. After some time, I found I really enjoyed it and loved writing fanfics. My parents noticed a drive in me before I did. It wasn't until I saw the movie of the book Eragon that it clicked that this is really, really what I want as my career and life.
3) What is your favorite place? Why is it your favorite?: To write, I would have to say in just a nice quiet, but exposed place. Like a classroom or Barnes & Noble. I don't feel as inspired to write if things are too still or quiet. To be more relaxed, it would be home. I love being around my family. Even if we don't talk. To have fun, right now I really like going out and seeing movies or window shopping with my cousin.
4) If you could have only one story published, what would it be about?: Just the thought is hard to take, haha. But if I could only choose one I think it would have to be the WIP I am doing now. This one gets me excited and is fun. It is one of my first big projects and one I am taking very seriously. I will probably be the happiest once it is published (positive thinking!). As for what it is about, I might have to do another post on that. But it is about a girl able to save a fantasy world with a very unique gift.
5) Do you listen to music while writing? If so, what?: Oh yes! Sometimes I don't when I am actually writing-writing, but when I start to imagine future scenes or even future stories I go to youtube (darn iTunes music doesn't wanna work) and just get lost. It can range from techno and dance like Nightcore, to alternative rock (I think that's the genre its under now) like FUN or 30 Seconds from Mars to pop like Will.iAm. I don't seem to have one genre of music I always follow.
6) What item can you not live without and why?: This is a tricky one. Well, since it it not who but what I will exclude my favorite plush (don't judge me, he does have a soul!) and family/friends. I think if I have to pick a what, it would be my laptop in general. Having the internet and Word always at my fingertips at any time of the day is something I love. I love reading, going to Barnes & Noble without needing to get into a car, writing, always having music, talking with best friends, and so on. I think I would have very bad withdrawals if I lost this thing.
7) What is your biggest pet peeve and why?: Hmm, well like everyone, I have quite a few pet peeves. As for the biggest one...I think I would have to say closed-minded selfishness. To be so lost in one's own world, constantly, drives me insane. Like those who drive dangerously or always overlook what someone does or is unable to ever share the spotlight. I think it is good to share conversation about other things and other people and not have it always come back to the person. I have a fear I do this though. Also, another HUGE pet-peeve is how it feels like heavy/curvy women should be exiled. I think it isn't fair that in the media and just in every-day-life that women who aren't super skinny or perfectly in shape can be hated.
8) What color describes you most and why?: My favorite, hands down, would be blue. I also think that a light shade of it, like periwinkle or baby-blue, might fit my personality the most. I'm very shy and don't stand out much. I'm not an aggressive person and would probably fit more in a background. I think I am also soft.
9) What is your favorite number and why?: 6 would be my favorite. Not sure why exactly but I've always liked the number. It was always disappointing that this was considered an evil number. I also like the number 4 and other even numbers.
10) If you could choose one genre to define your life, what would it be?: This is a hard one. I don't feel like I have one at the moment that really fits into a genre. I'm very boring and a bit of a lonely person. If anything I might be a self-help book cause I would be used as examples of a before (weight, insecurities, and shyness) and shown with steps on how to overcome things. I would want my life-genre to be romantic and fantasy/action, hah!
11) If you could change one even from your past, what would it be? Why?: Another difficult one. I think one would be when I scared my mom to tears by playing too far, I was around seven maybe. That's haunted me to this day.
Questions for my nominees!
1) What was the first job you've had? What job do you have now?
2) What is your biggest weakness?
3) What are your top three favorite foods?
4) Who or what is your biggest inspiration with writing?
5) In a story, would you be the main protagonist, the damsel, the villain, the side-kick, or the background character? Why?
6) Where do you hope to be in five years?
7) Who is your dream girl/boy?
8) Confidence booster time! What are five good/positive/amazing things about yourself?
9) What is your favorite holiday and why?
10) When and what made you realize you wanted to write?
11) Quick! The world is under attack! What is the weapon you go for, real or fictional?
My Nominees! Please all go check them out and give their wonderful blogs a good read!
Simon P. Clark
Von L Cid
I'm a bit short! I will keep looking for more people to nominate :)